Let's Talk About Water
Hydration is ONE of the most important aspects of living a healthy PAIN-FREE life! So, we need YOU to prioritize your water intake with CLEAN CHEMICAL FREE WATER!
- DRINK 1/2 your body weight in ounces every day!
- Drink more if you SWEAT, SWIM, SAUNA, STEAM, DRINK A LOT OF COFFEE or SODA. DRINK ALCOHOL, EAT A LOT OF SALT and partake in any other dehydrating activities.
- Add electrolytes or fruit to your water to help you absorb it into your bloodstream!
PLEASE NOTE: It may take about 3 week or more to hydrate your body if you are chronically dehydrated.
THE BEST WAY TO HYDRATE:
- Drink a lot in one sitting, like 1/2 to 1 liter upon waking, before lunch and before dinner.
- Avoid drinking between those times so your body will absorb it.
- If you keep urinating every time you drink for longer than 3 - 6 weeks once you start drinking enough water, see a specialist. This will help you find out why you are not hydrating!
WHY IS WATER SO IMPORTANT?
To change our posture we must correct our physical structure. Our musculoskeletal system must change. Some muscles need to stretch, some muscles need to strengthen and some joints need to get smarter. You cannot change any of these things without changing our FASCIA!
This is IMPORTANT, our structure is held together by spider-web-like organ called FASCIA. If this spider-web-like organ system is stuck our organs, muscles, blood vessels, nerves, lymph, joints will get stuck. This causes PAIN, DISCOMFORT, DISEASE AND DIS-EASE.
In order for our fascia fibers to slide past one another , they need to be hydrated and lubricated. Same goes for the collagen tubules that make up our fascia fibers to remain elongated Lubrication is directly linked to the amount of water we drink and the hydration of our fascia.
The human body is 65% - 70% water, less as we age.
- Fascia is 60 – 75% water
- Muscles are 75% water
- Brain is 75% water
- Blood is 83% water
- Bone is 22% water
This is IMPORTANT, water is an incompressible fluid. Think of a water balloon, you cannot compress a water balloon. It may change shape but it will not compress. When water is absorbed into our fascial fibers it is incompressible. Meaning that water in our tissue fills the space up like a balloon and cannot be pushed out. Thus, it opens and keeps our joint spaces open as long as we stay hydrated!
This is also IMPORTANT, water is imperative for fascia to slide. Fascia has many layers. It encases many important organs, blood vessels, nerves, muscles, and bones. If fascia cannot slide the things inside get stuck and restricted.
In a study published by Burno Bordoni and Emiliano Zanier titled Clinical and symptomatological reflections: the fascial system in the Journal of Multidisciplinary Healthcare, evidence reveals: (THIS IS THE SHORT LIST)
- Stuck fascia limits the functionality of the endocannabinoid system. The endocannabinoid system is one of the most important physiologic systems involved in establishing and maintaining our health. Our endocannabinoid receptors are found in the brain, our organs, fascia, glands, and immune cells. “The cannabinoid receptor, or CB1, is mainly housed in the nervous system, but it can be found in the fascial system and in the fibroblasts as well, particularly near the neuromuscular junction. 48 This relationship is believed to better manage any inflammation and pain information originating in the fascial tissue, as the fascia undergoes continuous remodeling during the day. 48,49” A healthy remodeling process requires lubrication and hydration, thus, WATER!
- It is hypothesized that pain associated with a reduction in fascial sliding results in a hypersensitivity in our distal nerve endings due to a decrease in transport of molecules from the dorsal root ganglion that attempts to reduce pain. This pain sensation comes from the sensory receptors in the fascial continuum.“ if there is a mechanical barrier owing to a reduction of the fascial sliding, the [transport of molecules] will be hindered, with consequent onset of hyperalgesia. 48” Hyperalgesia is an exaggerated response of pain.
- If the fascia has difficulty sliding amongst its many layers that are crossed by nerve structures, then there is an increase in neuronal tension due to reduction of blood flow and from the release of inflammatory neurotransmitters developing sensations of pain. “According to some authors, the loss of a correct sliding of the layers is demonstrated by an increased density of the fascial thickness, which can be detected through ultrasonography, explaining atypical symptomatology of chronic pain; this phenomenon is not termed fibrosis but fascial densification. 3,51”
THERE ARE 4 WAYS TO PREVENT FASCIA FROM GETTING STUCK!
- GOOD NUTRITION
More benefits if water:
- Helps regulate body temperature.
- Removes waste.
- Cushions your joints.
- Helps carry nutrients and oxygen to your cells.
- Moistens oxygen for breathing.
- Helps convert food into energy.
- Protects and moistens your vital organs.
- Helps the body absorb nutrients.
It is possible to drink a ton of water and still not be hydrated 😢. If this is you, then you need to find out why... is it kidney related (aldosterone) or adrenal gland related (cortisol) or is it a lack of electrolytes/nutrients? So, even if your urine is clear you may still not be hydrated.
We invite you to keep a diary of how much water you are drinking per day.
Remember, DRINK 1/2 YOUR BODY WEIGHT in OUNCES of WATER EVERY DAY! Below is a beautiful link of how our fascia moves. If you have a queasy belly or faint from pictures or videos inside the human body, I would avoid watching it.
Click here to read the research study regarding fascia.